Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pro Bowl Selections

So for the most part it looks like the NFL got the Pro Bowl selections right. If you haven't seen them yet, follow the link

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80d60467&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I was kind of stretching on some of the earlier predictions I had, but I got most of them right. When I was thinking earlier, I forgot that Drew Brees and Kurt Warner had been putting up video game numbers this season, so those picks are totally justified. That leaves Eli Manning and Rogers. I think it came down to their teams records so Eli got the nod. Greg Jennings being snubbed was also a surprise since he was having a solid name as well, but I can't complain with the four receivers that did get selected.

I was suprised Darren Sharper didn't make it for the Vikings until I looked at his stats. Sharper only has one interception this year and that usually is the benchmark for pro bowl safeties. It's kind of weird that both teams only have three safeties each. I thought there would be a backup for both postitions, but oh well.

Matt Birk also didn't get in this year. Although Birk hasn't played great this season, I thought Birk would get in on his reputation as he has the past couple of years. The Giants offensive line has been one of the best in football so Sean O'Hara isn't a bad choice at all.

Matt Ryan was another guy I think should have went to the pro bowl. He's done everything he can possibly do to make the Falcons a better team and if you would have told me they would be 9-5 right now back in August, I would have thrown down a lot of money against it. The guy is a lot of fun to watch. I probably won't watch the pro bowl, but still Matt Ryan is the next great NFL quarterback.

No comments:

Post a Comment