Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Hate The White Sox


To add to my "People That I Hate" Series, I would like to add another group of people into this category. But before I start, I would just like to say one thing. To those of you who know me beyond this blog, they understand what I mean when I say "I hate ______". To those of you who don't, I don't actually hate people, I just hate their on field personalities. For example, I'm sure Jonathan Papelbon kisses babies and gives to charity but on the field, I would love to see him get ran over by a mack truck. So just cause I hate these people on the field, doesn't mean I hate them off of it. Anyways, without further ado...

I hate the Chicago White Sox. Not just one player, I hate the entire team, the front office, the broadcast team, and their fans. Let's just take this one step at a time...

When I talk about the team, this is a no brainer. The White Sox are the Twins current rival. When these two teams get together, I want the Twins to win as badly as possible. The White Sox are to the Twins are like the Packers are to the Vikings. The White Sox have players that you wouldn't cheer for under any circumstance. Jim Thome has destroyed the Twins over his career. Paul Konerko has played fairly well. Oh and then there's A.J. Pierzynski. I'm sure I'll have another installment of "People that I hate" for him later. Their manager has tirades where I can't understand what he's saying. All of this makes me laugh hysterically when the White Sox come to the Metrodome and flop like fish.

The front office is also a point of hatred. Kenny Williams is the White Sox general manager, and he's very good at his job. I like to refer to him as the anti-Terry Ryan. He's agressive and creative. But he's also an incredibly arrogant person. Every time I see an interview with him, the camera is always zoomed in on his face. No backdrop or anything, it's just Kenny Williams me time. Listen to what he says. He also doesn't have the balls to show his face in Minnesota until Target Field opens next season. Williams was absent from the crucial late September series at the Metrodome. Probably because the Sox...flop like fish.

The broadcasters make me want to puke. As an aspiring broadcaster, I like a little bit of bias when you're covering a home team, but Hawk Harrelson pours it as gently as a cement truck. His signature phrases "YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOAAAAAAAAARD [YES!]" and "HE GONE!" make me want to bash my head into a wall repeatedly. Harrelson fits the mold of a Chicago sportswriter/broadcaster. Fat? Check. Annoying? Check. The ability to mow down hot dogs with wreckless abandon? Check. I personally hope Hawk chokes on a hot dog sometime in the near future.

Then there are my most ridiculous point of hatred. The fans. White Sox fans make Packer fans look like my best friends. A simple story here will do. At the Twins/Sox game towards the end of the year, the Twins overcame a five run defecit to tie the game and get it to extra innings. The entire Metrodome was standing up during the bottom of the tenth and screaming. The inning ended and everyone sat down...except for the White Sox fan in front of us. After screaming at him for the entire first at bat to sit down. He turned around and said "You guys got to stand up during your half of the inning, I'm going to stand up for mine." Needless to say we were about to take him to the Metrodome restroom and bash his face into the troft. His girlfriend was just as stupid, telling us to "Sit the @#$% down."

Aside from this, White Sox fans apparently have a great rite of passage ritual. A father and son, jump onto the field, rip their shirts off, and beat down the first base coach. How manly is that?

So, yes, I hate the Chicago White Sox. Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment