Monday, August 17, 2009

Just Shut Up


Well, you know it's a bad day when yours truly is motivated to write not one, but TWO blog posts in the same day. After two plus weeks of silence on the blog, I thought I should write about something else interesting I heard earlier today. The Eastern Sports Propaganda Network has received a report from Fox Sports Jay Glaser that several players on the Vikings said that Brett Favre will return to the Vikings and play in the third preseason game. Sigh...

Ok, where should I begin with this? Let's talk about Brett Favre. Mr. Favre has been wishy washy about this whole thing since it surfaced in June. Brett loves Chilly, Chilly loves Brett, Brett loves Bevell (does he do anything by the way?), etc. Brett Favre is a loveable guy in football circles...I guess. When it comes to Brett Favre's perspective, it reminds me of one of my adventures at Harriet Bishop Elementary School in Rochester, Minnesota.

It was a nice day and we were going to do some arts and crafts. I was kind of...well...a psycho back in first grade so my first grade teacher, Ms. Bendit, gave me some options. Why? I don't know. The first option was to color a fire truck and go over it with some blue ink for the sky. The second option was to read some books. I was one of the few kids that could read at the time and to be honest, I liked to read Goosebumps, the R.L. Stien series. (Don't lie, I know you read them too when you were little!) So, I took the latter. I read a couple chapters and then it hit me.

That fire truck thing was awesome. I was amazed that the ink didn't go over the crayon that my fellow classmates had scribbled on the paper. It turned out to be a fire truck with a blue sky and suddenly I wanted one. I yelled, I screamed, I cried, I even turned green. I was thrown into another classroom simply because I wouldn't have dealt with myself either if I was in Ms. Bendit's position. The teacher next door was about to put me through a table, and the rest of the classroom gave their best WTF look. I was calmed only when a big fire truck showed up and everything was back to normal.

The lesson learned? Make a decision and stand by it. Sure, it sucks to watch the Vikings running around having fun and (hopefully) winning games. It sucked to watch all my friends get their nice piece of artwork to hang on the fridge too. But, leave us alone. Quite frankly, we don't need Brett Favre. It'd be nice, but at this point, he didn't go through training camp, he still has to learn a new offense no matter how similar it was in Green Bay, and, oh yeah, he's 40 years old. If the NFL had a Cash for Clunkers program, you could probably cash in Brett Favre for a nice rebate.

As for the other side of the coin. If you're a Vikings player, if you're a Vikings coach, if you're a Vikings hot dog vendor take a cue from my childhood hero, The Rock. Know your role and shut your mouth!!! Honestly, every one says "This is dead and it's not a distraction" but why are you going to Jay Glaser and talking about it. If I'm Sage Rosenfels (who should win the starting job at this point...) I'm putting a bounty on this guys head and kicking his ass unless it's like Adrian Peterson or something.

Honestly, everyone involved should just put this behind them. I don't care if he has purple jelly on his toast or if he takes a purple dump. One other item is that all these reports has come from the Hattiesburg paper. So what's to say that Favre's camp isn't just feeding them crap so that it strokes his ego? I think that we should just start to ignore this. It's starting to get annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment