Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Public Service Announcement


To all the Green Bay Packer fans out there, I know what you're going through. Here, I found some music that expresses the way you feel right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-VfoeR3oLo

You may not think that I do, but, trust me, as a Minnesota fan, I am very experienced in horrific, heartbreaking shockers. I'm not just talking about every Sunday when the Vikings play, but Minnesota has had their share of people leaving. Kevin Garnett is a Celtic. Randy Moss is a Patriot. Joe Mauer may still become a Yankee. However, in your world this means nothing. But I know a thing or two about this.

The truth is that you have a remarkable opportunity in front of you. Have you ever heard a Vikings fan whine and cry about Brett Favre repeatedly? Well now you get to know what we've been going through for 16 years! Yup, now you can see how announcers will kiss Brett Favre's ass even after an interception. You can even laugh when he throws up one of those random passes in the fourth quarter that looks like a third grader threw it up and screamed "FIVE HUNDRED!!!" Also, have you ever wondered what it's like to be on the other end of a Brett Favre pick six? To be honest with you, if it happens at the right time, it can be purely orgasmic. Trust me on this.

I know what you're thinking. You think I'm a hypocrite. You may be right, but I get to have some fun with this too. What's it like to get preferential treatment from the referees in the fourth quarter? What is it like to enjoy a Brett Favre touchdown, etc. I mean this is my opportunity to know these answers as a sports reporter and I don't even have to put on a Packer jersey to do it!

The bottom line is this. I know you hate Brett Favre right now, and I don't blame you and I'm going to stop you because I still hate his guts even though he's my new quarterback. But, have some fun with this. Call Brett Favre a piece of crap. Go out and burn your Brett Favre jersey. Bring a sniper rifle to the Vikings/Packers game at Lambeau on November 1st. OK, that last one might have been a little bit extreme but anyways.

For the current situation we're in. We might as take a quote from a great football mind...

"ENJOY THE SEASON!!!" - Former Vikings Head Coach Mike Tice

No comments:

Post a Comment